Labels

Home

Friday, August 9, 2013

Little About Bruno Mars.

Bruno Mars (Peter Gene Hernandez) was born on October 8, 1985, in Honolulu, Hawaii, and was raised in the Waikiki neighborhood of Honolulu. He is the son of Peter Hernandez and Bernadette 'Bernie' San Pedro Bayot (died June 1, 2013). His father is of half  Puerto Rican and half Jewish (from Hungary and Ukraince) descent, and is originally from Brooklyn, New York. Mars' mother immigrated to Hawaii from the Philippines as a child, and was of Filipino, and some Spanish, descent. His parents met while performing in a show, where his mother was hula dancer and his father played percussion. At the age of two, he was nicknamed 'Bruno' by his father, ecouse of his resemblance to legendary professional wrestler Bruno Sammartino (He adopted his stage name from the nickname his father gave him, adding 'Mars' at the end because "I felt like like I didn't have anything special, and alot of girls say I'm out of this world, so I was like I guess I'm from Mars'') Mars is one of six children and came from a mussical familly (''Growning up in Hawaii made me the man I am. I used to do alot of shows in Hawaii with my father's band. Everybody in my familly sings, everyone plays instruments... I've been surrounded by it") who exposed him to a diverse mix of reggae, rock, hip hop, and R&B. As a child, his time spent impersonating Elvis Presley had a major impact on his musical evolution; he later reflected: "I watch the best. I'm big fan of Elvis. I'm big fan of 1950s Elvis when he would go on stage and scare people because he was a force and girls would go nuts! You can say same thing for Prince or The Police. It's just guys who know that people are here to see a show, so I watch those guys and I love studying them because I'm fan"

No comments:

Post a Comment